Today, Tuesday 26 April 2016, the English version of our 2015 Annual Report 'The consumer in the driver's seat' was published.
2015 showed that people are increasingly making their own choices about the sort of energy they use – whether it be householders or large industrial consumers. Transparency about the origin and the environmental impact of energy is crucial for this.
The highlights of 2015:
· A record amount of green energy was consumed in the Netherlands, namely 42.6 TWh.
This is more than a third of the total energy consumption.
· A record amount of green energy was produced in the Netherlands and certified by CertiQ with Guarantees of Origin (13.1 TWh).
· Electricity from solar energy and wind energy has never been so popular with consumers.
· Certificates issued for fossil electricity are on the rise, with issuance growing by almost 50% in 2015 to 1.5 TWh.
· The growth in sustainable heat production has continued since 2014.
These and many more interesting facts about and developments in sustainable energy can be read in the 2015 CertiQ Annual Report.
If you have any questions after reading the report, please do not hesitate to contact us.